How much dwelling insurance do I need for a condo?

You should purchase enough dwelling coverage to meet your HOA master policy deductible, and maybe more depending on your homeowner’s association.

Many condo insurance policies will provide coverage to meet your HOA master policy deductible in the dwelling coverage of your HO-6 Condo Insurance policy if there is a claim that includes damage to multiple units.

In addition, you should consider adding additional dwelling coverage to cover smaller claims to the dwelling structure. This could prevent additional claims from being filed against the master policy, which could ultimately help keep prices down.

Check with your insurance advisor to see if this coverage is offered on your condo insurance policy.

To find outstanding services and great coverage for your condo or townhouse, call Inside Insurance at 801-505-4300 or online at

Article Source: