How much should you insure your condo for?

The amount of insurance you should purchase for your condo will depend on what coverages and limits are provided by your HOA master insurance policy.  You can request a copy of your HOA master insurance policy from your homeowners’ association.

You should purchase enough dwelling coverage to meet or exceed the deductible amount listed on the HOA master policy.

You should purchase enough Personal Property coverage to adequately protect your personal items, such as furniture, clothing, computers and electronics, kitchen and household items.

Additional coverage may be appropriate depending on your individual situation.

You should also verify with or HOA if they require certain minimum coverages on your individual HO-6 Condo Policy.

To speak with a knowledgeable insurance advisor about great coverage for your condo or townhouse, call Inside Insurance at 801-505-4300 or online at

Article Source: