What kind of insurance do you need for a condo?

Reading Time: 1 minute

If you own a condo and live there as your primary residence, you need to have an individual condo insurance policy. This is similar to a homeowner’s insurance policy but is specifically designed for Condo Owners.

An individual condo insurance policy is known as an HO-6 policy, or HO6 condo policy.

The Homeowners Association (HOA) will carry a master insurance policy that will cover the dwelling structure of the condo units. Your HO-6 policy will offer some dwelling coverage, but will primarily provide coverage for your personal property as well as liability coverage. There are additional coverages that should be added to all condo insurance policies, such as loss assessment coverage.

If you own a condo that is used as an investment property (rented to others), you will need a landlord condo insurance policy.

Article Source: https://insideinsuranceagency.com/what-kind-of-insurance-do-you-need-for-a-condo/